The City of East Tawakoni is located on the eastern shores of Lake Tawakoni, Rains County, Texas. We are approximately 45 minutes east of Dallas, 20 minutes south of Greenville, 12 minutes west of the county seat in Emory, at the intersection of SH276 EAST & FM513 South. Our City Hall resides at 288 Briggs Blvd. and is open from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM (closed between 12:00 – 12:30 PM), closed Saturday and Sunday. City Hall will be closed to observe all holidays.
Letter from the Mayor
I am proud to serve as Mayor and to work with my fellow Councilors and City staff to enhance public safety, promote economic development, and provide quality community events. Over the next years, I am confident that our past careful planning and fiscal prudence will serve as a strong foundation for economic recovery.
Highlights of 2016
- We will continue to have a Spring Community Clean Up. The next one to be Spring 2017.
- Thanks to our Code Enforcement Officers our city ordinances are being enforced and our city is one we are proud to call home.
- Z’s Catfish #2, located at Kenny’s Marina, SH276 East, Grand Opening June 18, 2016.
- Family Dollar store opened February, 2015.
- The 2-mile bridge, built in 1959, is being updated with a new 4 lane bridge. Two lanes are now open and the completion is expected Spring, 2017. This bridge connects Hunt and Rains County. East Tawakoni welcomes everyone to the Gateway to Rains County.
- We ask for your prayers and support as the City Council and I make decisions we feel is best for East Tawakoni.
Respectfully yours, Mayor Johnnie LaPrade