The City of East Tawakoni is located on the eastern shores of Lake Tawakoni, Rains County, Texas. We are approximately 45 minutes east of Dallas, 20 minutes south of Greenville, 12 minutes west of the county seat in Emory, at the intersection of SH276 EAST & FM513 South. Our City Hall resides at 288 Briggs Blvd. and is open from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM (closed between 12:00 – 12:30 PM), closed Saturday and Sunday. City Hall will be closed to observe all holidays.
Letter from the Mayor
I am proud to serve as Mayor and to work with my fellow Councilors and City staff to enhance public safety, promote economic development, and provide quality community events. Over the next years, I am confident that our past careful planning and fiscal prudence will serve as a strong foundation for economic recovery.
Highlights of 2017
- We will continue to have a Spring Community Clean Up. Last one was May, 2017. The next one to be Spring 2018.
- Thanks to our Code Enforcement Officers our city ordinances are being enforced and our city is one we are proud to call home.
- Family Dollar store opened February, 2015.
- The 2-mile bridge, built in 1959, has been updated with a new 4 lane bridge. This bridge connects Hunt and Rains County. East Tawakoni welcomes everyone to the Gateway to Rains County.
- 2017 grant funds for $500,000 was applied for and approved for a Tornado Shelter/ Library. Expected date of completion is estimated for December 31, 2018.
- We ask for your prayers and support as the City Council and I make decisions we feel is best for East Tawakoni.
Respectfully yours, Mayor Johnnie LaPrade